E-commerce website policy
We want to make online shopping in Pakistan more secure and trustworthy.
With Safepay you can expect to receive payments from anywhere in the world. We expect your website and business to be prepared to handle visitors and your paying customers from anywhere in the world.
We also want your customers to be reassured when they see the Safepay sign on your checkout page. We take time to learn about each of our merchants and only authorize those that are committed to providing their customers with the best online experience.
By creating a Safepay account you agree that you will display the following information on your website (please see Clause 9.4 of our Terms of Service and Use which you agree to by creating an account with Safepay).
- Terms and Condition: Separate page to be dedicated for this.
- Contact Us: “Contact Us” page should display the legal name, address, and registration number of your business and contact information for customer service support. The customer service contact information can be an e-mail address or telephone number. In case of international delivery of goods and services both local and internationally accessible telephone numbers must be provided
- Refund / Cancellation / Return Policy: Explanation of your cancellation, return and refund policy for the end-user. A blanket no return/no refund policy is not acceptable. From our experience there are legitimate reasons why a paying customer should be able to ask for a return or refund including non-delivery of goods, damaged goods etc. In the event of a disputed payment we will require evidence of communication between you and your customer to determine next steps.
- Delivery policy: Explanation of your shipment terms and any export restrictions.
- Description of the products and services: Products prices, currencies, and membership packages must be clearly described.
- Ownership Statement: “The website (www.siteaddress) is owned and operated by (legal business name, address). The location of the business should also be displayed on the checkout page or the pages prior to the checkout page.
- Email Receipt: Please send us an example of the email order receipt that you send to your customers
- Cancellation Policy: Explanation of your order cancellation terms and conditions
One of the main reasons why we reject applications to use Safepay is because your website is deficient or misleading in some regard. This includes things like:
- Using stock images - you should use images that reflect the goods that you are selling.
- Displaying images of products that have copyright material (for example, if you are selling watches and are showing this by displaying an image of a well recognized brand such as Rolex). Unless you are selling a genuine Rolex, you should not be displaying an image of a Rolex on your website.
- Not having terms and conditions.
- All pages and links on your website should be working.
- Not having a return or refund policy that is customized for your website and the items that you are selling (for example, if you are selling perishable goods like fresh food or are selling video content). If you are selling services, your return and refund policy should cover the situation where your customer is not satisfied with the service that they have received from you.
- Making reference to another country of domicile - for example, stating that you have a registered address outside of Pakistan if you do not actually have one. In any event, you must display that your business is based in Pakistan as explained above.
- Displaying dummy testimonials from customers on your website - for example, testimonials from individuals in different countries when you only fulfil within Pakistan.
- Not displaying your portfolio on your website - if you are a web development agency or digital marketing agency, you should be able to display this on your website or send this to us at Safepay so that we are able to authenticate your business.
- Contact information (contact number and electronic mail) must be prominently displayed on the website.